NOVA G3 Wood Turning Direct Threaded 1″ x 8TPI LH/RH is a 4 Jaw self centering reversible geared chuck, designed for the NOVA Comet II Mini Lathe. With unique NOVA features such as Auto Stop, Copper composite Jaw Slides, Woodworm Screw, Comfortable T Bar Handle and 2″ Jaws as standard, this chuck is fully featured. Powerful Tuff Lock gearing with precise, hardened action delivers incredibly smooth strength for a solid, vibration free performance. Takes the same accessory range as other NOVA Chucks. Direct threaded 1″ x 8TPI RH/LH. Enhanced Jaw Gearing and Reverse Lock features that ensure this NOVA G3 Comet II Reversible chuck will remain engaged and locked on the spindle for use in forward and reverse.Awarded Best Value in Chuck Test by Wood Magazine Sept 2011.
• Quality materials used throughout for long life in tough woodworking conditions.
• Precision machined from single solid steel billet for maximum performance.
• High Tech Precision Composite Jaw Slides.Special NOVA Woodturning Dovetail Profile on Jaws.
• Auto Safety Stop Feature. Jaw slides can’t protrude past the chuck body.
• Comprehensive Instructions.Common Insert/Adaptor Fitting – compatible across all NOVA chucks.
• Safe Lock™ Woodworm Screw included.
• Small, Compact Design. Minimises load on small spindles and bearings.
• Precision Machined.
• Open back for easy cleaning.
• Powerful Geared Grip with Tuff Lock™ Technology.Precise, hardened geared action delivers incredible smooth strength. Solid, vibration free.
• Single Handed Operation. Chuck key has fast, positive location, easy and comfortable to use. More time spent turning and less time spent preparing.
• Body made from precision machined 1045 High Tensile Steel, with a polished self metal finish to allow for closer tolerances.
• Able to take all NOVA accessories jaws. However please note: the larger accessory jaws in the NOVA chuck range are not recommended for use on the NOVA G3 Chuck. For more information, consult your NOVA Accessory Jaw Manual. Only NOVA Chucks give you the same jaw fixing system and same insert/adaptor system across all chuck models.
• Recommended for power workholding on NOVA Comet Lathe.
• Up to 350mm/14″ diameter bowls using 50mm/2” Jaws (supplied with chuck)
• Up to 50mm/2″ length spigots (using 50mm/2” Jaws (supplied with chuck)
• Full Packaged Weight (Std) 1.4kgs/3.1lbs.
• Direct Threaded 1″8TPI RH/LH for the NOVA Comet Lathe