"Two top quality tools in one." - Michael Werner
A one of a kind turning tool. This double sided gouge has two extremely sharp gouge ends to choose from. Perfect for the turner that doesn't want to resharpen his tools. Carter and Sons M42 HSS tools come extremely sharp and ready for turning.
- Blade measures: 1/2" diameter x 12" overall
- Diameter: 1/2" Handle: 12" x 3/4" with 1/2" adapter
A quick overview of this double ended gouge:
- 1/2" spindle & parabolic bowl gouge, with the grind found at Michael's lathe.
- Easily sharpen using a Wolverine jig.
- Machined from M42 high speed steel. Superior edge-holding ability.
- Hand-polished and inspected.
- Aluminum handle cuts down chatter and is designed for comfort and easy control.
- Made in the USA. Backed by a 100% guarantee.
We are very excited to partner with Michael Werner, a Smithsonian featured woodturner who specializes in multi-centered work. This versatile double ended gouge can be found at his lathe. Shipped sharp and are easily ground on a Wolverine jig.
A razor edge is imperative for turning wood. Many woodturning tools are machined from subpar steel. After 40 years of manufacturing experience, we know M42 high speed steel is the optimal steel for turning wood. It hones to a fine, sharp edge and retains that edge due to a 10% content of cobalt.
Your handle connects you to your work, we’ve carefully designed the weight and curvature of our signature handles for comfort, control, and chatter reduction. Each handle has set screws to secure your tool and knurling for grip. Our innovative handles are made in our own factory and are patented.
All the design work, machining, inspection and shipping of this tool is done in our Seattle factory. As a family business dedicated to engineering ingenuity, precision workmanship and woodturning we ensure that every tool you receive is perfect. Happy turning!