Long-lasting performance achieved through unmatched quality.
Specifications: Blade measures: 3/8" dia. x 8" overall
Flute measures: 1/4" x 4-1/4"
Tang size: 3/8"
Handle size: 10" x 3/4" with 3/8" adapter
Each gouge that makes the journey from our shop to yours has undergone a rigorous design process. Meticulous manufacturing operations. And has been hand polished, sharpened and inspected.
A razor edge is imperative for turning wood. Many woodturning tools are machined from subpar steel. After 40 years of manufacturing experience, we know M42 high speed steel is the optimal steel for turning wood. It hones to a fine, sharp edge and retains that edge due to a 10% content of cobalt.
Your handle connects you to your work, that’s why we’ve carefully designed the weight and curvature of our signature handles for comfort, easy control, and chatter reduction. Each handle has two set screws to secure your tool, and knurling for grip. Our innovative handles are all made in our own factory and are patented.
All the design work, machining, inspection and shipping of this tool is done in our Seattle factory. As a family business dedicated to engineering ingenuity, precision workmanship and a passion for turning we ensure that every tool you receive from us is perfect. Happy turning!
A quick overview of this detail spindle gouge:
- Machined from M42 high speed steel that has been heat-treated to 68 HRC, ensuring superior edge holding ability and honing to a finer edge.
- It has been hand-polished and inspected before leaving our Seattle factory.
- It was meticulously designed for turners, by turners.
- The aluminum handle cuts down chatter and is designed for comfort and easy control.
- The tool is easily removed from the handle for sharpening and interchangeability.
- Adapters make every Carter and Son tool interchangeable.
- This tool is backed with a 100% lifetime guarantee.
- Made in the USA