A strong sturdy scraper will ensure that the inside of your bowls are smooth and void of cutter marks. The strong 16" handle these scrapers are equipped with reduce chatter and ensure that the tool is easy to maneuver. Machined from solid M42 high speed steel, our 1" bowl scraper is sharp and strong for smooth, clean cuts. Own your own 1" Bowl Scraper today! • Made of premium M42 high speed steel with 10% cobalt content • Perfect for finishing the inside of your bowls
• Hones to a finer edge
• Superior edge holding ability
• Hardened to 68 HRC
- Blade measures: 1" wide, 9-1/2" overall
- Tang size: 3/4" Handle Size: 16" x 3/4”
What makes a 5-star 1” bowl scraper?:
- Less time at the grinder, cleaner cuts at the lathe. M42 means superior wear resistance and edge sharpness.
- Put comfort and control first with aluminum handles.
- Interchangeability, without compromising strength and tolerances.
- Hand polished, sharpened and inspected.
- 100% American materials and manufacturing. Backed by a lifetime guarantee and hassle-free returns.
M42 high speed steel makes the cut
It’s no wonder M42 is favored across industries. A distinct cobalt additive bumps M42’s red hardness off the charts, ensuring impressive wear resistance. And M42’s tight molecular structure produces a finer, sharper edge.
For woodturners M42’s properties mean less time at the grinder and cleaner cuts at the lathe. Carter and Son was founded because we realized many tools are machined from subpar steel, leaving us (and you!) make far too many trips to the grinder. M42 is the optimal steel for turning wood. It holds a long-lasting razor edge and is quickly sharpened on a conventional grinder.
Handles that put comfort & control 1st
Carter & Son handles offer comfort and control at your lathe. Aluminum is the perfect weight for a balanced feel. And the comfortable shape fits your hand. Tight tolerances achieved in our factory mean your tool and adapter fit snuggly, reducing vibration. Interchangeability is possible using our aluminum adapters.