Nothing can replace a parting tool and the many cuts it can perform, making a strong, dependable parting tool a necessity for every turner. This 1/8" parting tool is machined from solid M42 high speed steel and is heat-treated for strength and durability. Hand sharpened, this straight-sided parting tool is strong and dependable, ready for any task. This larger size parting tool is perfect for your larger projects. Order your own 1/8" parting tool today!
A must have tool for every woodturner
Tapered for less catching
Perfect for pens, boxes and larger projects
Made from premium M42 HSS containing 10% cobalt.
- Blade measures: 1/8" x 9-1/2" overall
- Tang size: 1/2" Handle Size: 12" x 3/4" with 1/2" adapter
What makes a 5-star 1/8” parting tool?
- Less time at the grinder, cleaner cuts at the lathe. M42 means superior wear resistance and edge sharpness.
- Put comfort and control first with aluminum handles.
- Interchangeability, without compromising strength and tolerances.
- Hand polished, sharpened and inspected.
- 100% American materials and manufacturing. Backed by a lifetime guarantee and hassle-free returns.
M42 high speed steel makes the cut
It’s no wonder M42 is favored across industries. A distinct cobalt additive bumps M42’s red hardness off the charts, ensuring impressive wear resistance. And M42’s tight molecular structure produces a finer, sharper edge.
For woodturners M42’s properties mean less time at the grinder and cleaner cuts at the lathe. Carter and Son was founded because we realized many tools are machined from subpar steel, leaving us (and you!) make far too many trips to the grinder. M42 is the optimal steel for turning wood. It holds a long-lasting razor edge and is quickly sharpened on a conventional grinder.