Due back in stock from backorder August 21st. Place your order now for priority placement!
NOVAS newest drill press capable of heavy duty machine milling with DVR Capabilities!
Designed specifically for metal working, with a stable and strong 3MT Spindle, and ER32 Collet System for maximum holding flexibility. Note: Accommodates normal 3MT and 2MT (with sleeve) drills, but it requires extra length 3MT arbors for Drill Chucks (5/8” Drill Chuck and 3MT/BT16 arbor supplied as standard equipment). The vibration free operation delivers smooth accuracy and the coolant feed delivers better finish and longer tool life. The metal working table provides slots for clamping and metal working accessories and a trough for coolant.
The NOVA DVR range of machines are the only intelligent machines on the market using Adaptive Control™ Software. With its 1.75HP/2HP high torque motor, exceptional structural strength and smart design, the NOVA Vulcan has the power and capacity to handle a wide variety of projects with ease. NOVA Vulcan DVR delivers incredible smoothness. With no belts to cause vibration, a computer that automatically adjusts performance and solid cast iron construction, the Vulcan is one smooth & quiet operator. This delivers the ability to drill faster and more efficiently.
- Using the intelligent DVR technology, the full power direct drive is transmitted to spindle
Sensors for superior safety, use and maintenance: Load, Depth, Vibration and Emergency Stop
Powerful 1.75HP (115V)/2HP 220 V Motor handles wood, metal, plastic and glass
- 50-5500 RPM variable speed drill press for variety of projects (default is 50-3000 RPM, option in settings to increase to 5500 RPM)
- No belts – quiet and smooth operation. Full power is transmitted to spindle.
- Intelligent Speed Selection to get the correct speed for the application
The Vulcan has a metalworking based speed chart which has new options for “Drilling”, “End Milling”, “Face Milling” and “Reaming”. There’s also an expanded selection of materials to guide in choosing the correct speed.
- Unique combined 3MT taper and ER32 taper spindle
- Tapping Assist Function
- Digital speed readout
- Electronic Braking
- Load Readout
- Programmable depth controller
- Power spindle hold
- Drill breakthrough control
- Speed dial for precise adjustment
- 6” of quill travel in 2 revolutions of the handle drill shown with accessory table
- Adjustable mechanical stop coupled with digital readout for accurate and repeatable actions
- Intelligent Control – Easy to operate, the NOVA DVR range of machines are the only SMART machines on the market using Adaptive Control™ Software
- High performance – instant power when you need it. With its 1.75HP/2HP high torque motor, exceptional structural strength and smart design, the NOVA Vulcan has the power and capacity to handle a wide variety of projects with ease.
- Power Saving – Smart computer controlled motor only draws as much power as it needs for the project being worked on. The DVR motor can save up to 50% energy and emissions over conventional motors.
QUICK START GUIDE TO SPECIFICATIONS
- Overall Height = 70 5/8” (1794 mm)
- Overall/Base Width = 17 5/8” (448 mm)
- Overall/Base Depth = 22 3/4” (578 mm)
- Spindle to Table Min Distance = 4 3/4” (121 mm)
- Spindle to Table Max Distance = 27 1/6” (690 mm)
- Spindle to Base = 46 2/3” (1186 mm)
- 1.75HP (115v) /2HP(220V) Direct Drive, Variable Speed DVR Motor
- Electronic Automatic voltage and frequency control operates on 115
or 220-240 Volts. (requires change of plug).
- Class F Winding Insulation. Industrial spec for long life
- Swing: 18”
- Spindle Travel: 6”
- Max Drilling in Steel = 1 ¼” (32mm)
- Max Face Mill = 2” (50mm) in ER32 Collet.
- Max End Mill = 3/4” (20mm) in ER32 Collet.
- Number of Spindle Speeds: Variable
- Speed Range: 50-3000rpm is default (option in settings to increase to
- Spindle Taper: 3MT & ER32
- Table Size (Metal working) (L x W): 13 3/5″ x 13 3/5” (345mm x 345mm)Table Tilt (Deg.): -45° to +45°
- Double V groove bearings
- Spindle runout is less than 0.04 mm.
- Runout with NOVA 3MT chuck is 0.15 mm
Note: Accommodates normal 3MT and 2MT (with sleeve) drills, but it requires extra length 3MT arbors for Drill Chucks (5/8” Drill Chuck and 3MT/BT16 arbor supplied as standard equipment).
- DVR motor & Controller
- Drill Chuck (5/8” with 3MT Arbor) holds 1-16mm (.039-.625 inches)
- Chuck drift
- Chuck Key
- ER32 Collet Nut
- 17-18mm Collet
- Collet spanner
- Coolant drain pipe
- Manual & Fastenings
- USB cable
Includes 5 year Mechanical Warranty. 2 years Warranty Motor and Electronics.